Technical Business Development Manager
Matrix Renewables is a renewable energy platform that was founded by global alternative asset manager TPG through its impact investing platform, The Rise Fund, in 2020. Headquartered in Madrid, Matrix Renewables focuses on developing, constructing and being long-term owners of renewable energy assets.
Matrix Renewables current portfolio is comprised of 1.5GW of operational, under construction or near ready to build solar PV projects in Spain, Chile, Colombia and Mexico.
With the backing and support of TPG, Matrix Renewables intends to grow into a multi-GW renewables platform while growing its geographical reach.
The Rise Fund is TPG’s $5 billion impact investing platform focused on investing in and supporting the growth of world-class businesses that deliver positive and measurable social and environmental impact globally.
TPG is a global investment firm with offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Luxembourg, Melbourne, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, San Francisco, Seoul and Singapore. TPG’s investment platforms span a wide range of asset classes, including private equity, infrastructure, growth venture, real estate and public equity.
At Matrix Renewables we are looking for a highly motivated individual to play a key role in our Operations team.
Based in Madrid, the Technical Business Development Manager must be familiar with the development, construction, and operation and maintenance of renewable energy projects. The candidate will collaborate with in-house and external teams to support project acquisition processes for MATRIX portfolio.
Key activities and responsibilities:
· 100% dedicated to the front-line activities of Matrix, but with a healthy tension driven by an operations/execution mindset.
· Supporting Business Development and M&A activities from a technical point of view: resource analysis, technical decisions, budgeting, site assessment, and red flags identification.
· Support from a technical perspective the process of assessment of projects that are under study and participate in negotiation on terms of sale with project owners.
· Coordinate Technical Advisors / Independent Engineers who provide energy assessment, basic engineering, and equipment definition activities for those new projects.
· Support the process of preparing qualifying projects for submission to Investment Committee.
· Coordination with External Advisors for preparation of detailed, Bankable due Diligence Reports of renewable plants.
· Manage and collaborate to obtain all the permits and licenses necessary to bring the projects to a “Ready to Build” status.
· In coordination with ESG manager conducting technical analysis/assessment of environmental and social risks for new projects.
· Operations responsible during the hand over process to operations.
· Accountable for monitoring commodities and futures markets to assess together with M&A the future cost of the EPC contracts.
General Skills / Attributes:
At least 5 years of relevant experience, ideally with a recordable track record of Renewable Energy portfolio
Master’s degree in Engineering.
Full understanding of the development process for renewable energy projects.
Excellent knowledge of renewable energy plants design and operation.
Experience with dealing with technical authorities, utilities, Grid operator, local authorities.
· Solid communication skills: capability to establish technical discussions in different cultural environments.
· Fluent in English and Spanish.