Technical Business Development Analyst - Italy
Matrix Renewables is a renewable energy platform that was founded by global alternative asset manager TPG through its impact investing platform, TPG Rise, in 2020. Headquartered in Madrid, Matrix Renewables focuses on developing, constructing and being long-term owners of renewable energy assets.
Matrix Renewables’ current portfolio is comprised of 11.7 GW (operational, under construction, ready to build, under development) of renewable energy projects and storage across North America, Europe and Latin America.
TPG Rise is a $16 billion impact investing platform focused on investing in and supporting the growth of world-class businesses that deliver positive and measurable social and environmental impact globally.
TPG is a leading global alternative asset investment firm with offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Luxembourg, Melbourne, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Singapore, and Washington D.C. TPG’s investment platforms span a wide range of asset classes, including private equity, growth equity, impact investing, infrastructure, growth venture, real estate, secondaries, and public equity.
At Matrix Renewables we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Operations team.
Based in Italy, the Technical Development Analyst must be familiar with the development, engineering and construction of renewable energy projects. The candidate will collaborate with in-house teams and external service providers to support project acquisition processes for MATRIX portfolio in Italy, as well as to ensure that the projects in the pipeline are technically sound when they reach “Ready to Build” status. She/he will also take part in the analysis of new opportunities in the frame of the development services agreements, design optimization, etc. and will participate in hybridization studies of our projects, among other things. She/he will report to the Technical Business Development Senior Manager.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
Supporting Business Development and M&A activities from a technical point of view: resource analysis with PVSyst, site assessment, design assessment with PV Design, carrying out site visits, design optimization, preliminary analysis of grid code compliance, helping in technical decisions, budgeting, and red flags identification.
• Support from a technical perspective the process of assessment of projects that are under study and support in negotiation on terms of sale with project owners.
• Collaborate with Technical Advisors / Independent Engineers who provide energy assessment, basic engineering, and equipment definition activities for those new projects.
• Support the process of preparing qualifying projects for submission to Investment Committee.
• Collaborate with External Advisors for preparation of detailed, Bankable due Diligence Reports of renewable plants.
• Collaborate to obtain all the permits and licenses necessary to bring the projects to a “Ready to Build” status from a technical standpoint, ensuring the projects are technically sound when they reach RTB.
• Collaborate with the ESG team in conducting technical analysis/assessment of environmental and social risks for new projects.
• Support in handling technical information of the projects, including invoices from services providers.
• Support the relevant teams during the hand over process to Construction and/or Asset Management.
• Accountable for monitoring commodities and futures markets to assess together with M&A the future cost of the EPC contracts.
• Technologies: solar PV, storage, wind energy and others.
General Skills / Attributes:
• 2-3 years of relevant experience, with a recordable track record in Renewable Energy projects.
• Master’s degree in Engineering / Renewable Energy.
• Understanding of the development process for renewable energy projects in Italy is compulsory; experience in other countries will be highly valued.
• Previous experience in design in an engineering firm of Wind and PV projects is mandatory.
• Good knowledge of renewable energy plants design and operation. Both wind and Solar
• Experience in solar resource assessment and with design assessment tools, such as PVDesign, PVCase, AutoCAD, etc.
• Highly motivated person, prone to learn and to work in a dynamic environment.
• Solid communication skills: capability to establish technical discussions in different cultural environments.
• Very fluent in English. Spanish will be highly appreciated. ;Experience in Storage and hydrogen will be highly valuated.