Senior Asset Manager – Madrid
Matrix Renewables is a renewable energy platform that was founded by global alternative asset manager TPG through its impact investing platform, TPG Rise, in 2020. Headquartered in Madrid, Matrix Renewables focuses on developing, constructing and being long-term owners of renewable energy assets.
Matrix Renewables’ current portfolio is comprised of 10.6 GW (operational, under construction, ready to build, under development) of renewable energy projects and storage across North America, Europe and Latin America.
TPG Rise is a $16 billion impact investing platform focused on investing in and supporting the growth of world-class businesses that deliver positive and measurable social and environmental impact globally.
TPG is a leading global alternative asset investment firm with offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Luxembourg, Melbourne, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Singapore, and Washington D.C. TPG’s investment platforms span a wide range of asset classes, including private equity, growth equity, impact investing, infrastructure, growth venture, real estate, secondaries, and public equity.
At Matrix Renewables we are looking for a highly motivated individual to play a key role in our Operations team. Based in Madrid, the Senior Asset Manager must have proved expertise with all aspects of the operation and maintenance of renewable energy projects (“projects”).
Reporting directly to the Head of Operations, the candidate will lead in-house and external teams to ensure that projects perform according to the objectives (both technical and economical) set in the Business plan. The candidate should have enough seniority to be able to represent Matrix’s interests with the local teams and stakeholders, being confident to proactively defend Matrix best interest. The candidate will have to lead Asset Management activities setting the strategy, processes, tools and best practices of the industry.
Key activities and responsibilities:
• Lead and coordinate Matrix Asset Management activities, reporting to Head of Operations.
• Accountability over the performance operating KPIs of the portfolio (technical and economical) and responsible to fulfil company goals.
• Design, establish and continuous improvement of asset management processes and according to best practices standard.
• Implement methods and tools to improve performance of the energy plants and reducing Operational expenses.
• Supervision and monitoring of all Matrix O&M activities ensuring the effective supervision, co-ordination of all services to maximize generation revenues.
• Monitoring the participation in the Energy Markets. Ensuring compliance with all the processes: forecasting, daily offers, guaranties, communications requirements.
• Implement H&S Policy and site H&S Management Plan which complies with H&S laws, regulations, and best industry practice.
• Implement ESG Company policy in compliance with modern standards, regulations, and best industry practice.
• Creation of a close relationship with equipment providers, O&M Contractors, service suppliers and relevant actors to develop a Supply Chain strategy to ensure performance of the Assets.
• Liaison with Finance Department supporting Accounting, Treasury, relations with lenders, etc.
• Represent MATRIX in front of relevant stakeholder: authorities, investors, offtakers, local communities.
General Skills / Attributes:
• At least 10 years of relevant experience, ideally with a recordable track record of Renewable Energy portfolio
• Master’s degree in Engineering.
• Excellent knowledge of renewable energy plants construction, operation and maintenance
• Proved experience in managing teams transnationally.
• Experience with dealing with contracts along with proven ability to liaise with and manage/monitor contractors
• Experience with dealing with technical authorities, utilities, Grid operator, offtakers.
• Solid communication skills: capability to establish technical discussions in different cultural environments
• Fluent in English and Spanish