Power Market Analyst Madrid, Spain
Matrix Renewables is a renewable energy platform that was founded by global alternative asset manager TPG through its impact investing platform, The Rise Fund, in 2020. Headquartered in Madrid, Matrix Renewables focuses on developing, constructing and being long-term owners of renewable energy assets.
Matrix Renewables current portfolio is comprised of 1.5GW of operational, under construction or near ready to build solar PV projects in Spain, Chile, Colombia and Mexico.
With the backing and support of TPG, Matrix Renewables intends to grow into a multi-GW renewables platform while growing its geographical reach.
The Rise Fund is TPG’s $5 billion impact investing platform focused on investing in and supporting the growth of world-class businesses that deliver positive and measurable social and environmental impact globally.
TPG is a global investment firm with offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Luxembourg, Melbourne, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, San Francisco, Seoul and Singapore. TPG’s investment platforms span a wide range of asset classes, including private equity, infrastructure, growth venture, real estate and public equity.
Reporting to the MD, Development & Markets, the Power Market Analyst at Matrix Renewables will be a key member of this newly established team. Based at the Madrid headquarters, you will be responsible for analyzing and monitoring the market value of the electricity, green attributes and any other commodities that our projects generate through combinations of PPAs, hedging strategies and spot market sales to maximize the revenues limiting the risks. Moreover, the Market Analyst will also support commercial activities and administrative tasks related to the power wholesale market and PPAs.
Key job functions include:
· Energy market, fundamental and regulatory analysis and insight in key countries which include US, Spain, Portugal, Italy, UK, Chile, Colombia, and Mexico
· Gather data from analysis and data platforms/providers to curate them into energy models. Modeling different market scenarios to understand the risks and maximize the revenues of our renewable and storage assets
· Track regulatory and market developments
· Use analysis to deliver market insight to support power marketing/sales activity
· Market reporting for customers and internally
· Bid preparation, mainly in PPA tenders or renewable/battery auctions
· EMIR and REMIT compliance reporting
· Contract administration from KYC to the post-signature contract management for different types of agreements, such as EFET, ISDA, EFET PPA, bilateral PPA, bilateral for short-mid term hedges on the wholesale market, route-to-market agreement,…
· Financial analysis – ability to review financial reporting and settlement information
· Ad-Hoc project work
General Skills / Attributes
· At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in the electricity sector
· Flexibility and bringing a curious and creative mindset, open to new things and able to propose innovative ideas
· Self-starter, entrepreneurial mind-set, and desire to grow the business
· Knowledge of energy markets, renewables and batteries
· Knowledge of energy trading
· Understanding of asset/portfolio management
· Ability to analyse, interpret, and derive insight from complex quantitative data and information
· Competence in advanced data analytics
· A strong communicator with the ability to deal confidently and build relationships with colleagues, advisors, and investors
· Bilingual and able to conduct business in English and Spanish at the highest standard
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover email and CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org