Matrix Renewables is a renewable energy platform that was founded by global alternative asset manager TPG through its impact investing platform, The Rise Fund, in 2020. Headquartered in Madrid, Matrix Renewables focuses on developing, constructing and being long-term owners of renewable energy assets.
Matrix Renewables current portfolio is comprised of 1.5GW of operational, under construction or near ready to build solar PV projects in Spain, Chile, Colombia and Mexico.
With the backing and support of TPG, Matrix Renewables intends to grow into a multi-GW renewables platform while growing its geographical reach.
The Rise Fund is TPG’s $5 billion impact investing platform focused on investing in and supporting the growth of world-class businesses that deliver positive and measurable social and environmental impact globally.
TPG is a global investment firm with offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Luxembourg, Melbourne, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, San Francisco, Seoul and Singapore. TPG’s investment platforms span a wide range of asset classes, including private equity, infrastructure, growth venture, real estate and public equity.
Reporting to the Legal Managers, the Legal Associate at Matrix Renewables will be a key member of this newly established team. Based at the Madrid headquarters, you will be assisting the Legal Managers in their day-to-day activities, monitoring compliance with contractual obligations of the Company, assisting in the ordinary corporate and administrative obligations of all Group companies, liaising with external legal advisors and assisting in M&A and financing transactions when required.
Key job functions include:
· Monitoring and ensuring compliance with contractual obligations of all group companies, drafting communications and assisting the team with legal queries
· Assisting Legal Managers in keeping up to date all legal obligations and corporate documentation of all group companies
· Participating, along with legal managers, in corporate transactions of the group, including M&A and financing transactions across different jurisdictions
· Liaising with external counsels
General Skills / Attributes
· 5 years of relevant experience across renewable energy, corporate law, M&A and private equity / infrastructure investing
· Excellent technical drafting skills, detail oriented and familiarity with the documents and types of work covered under the role
· A proactive and highly motivated self-starter with a commercial approach
· A strong communicator with the ability to deal confidently and build relationships with colleagues, advisors and investors
· Experience instructing and managing external/local counsel
· Fluent in English and Spanish
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover email and CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org