Junior Legal Associate - Santiago de Chile
Matrix Renewables is a renewable energy platform that was founded by global alternative asset manager TPG through its impact investing platform, TPG Rise, in 2020. Headquartered in Madrid, Matrix Renewables focuses on developing, constructing and being long-term owners of renewable energy assets.
Matrix Renewables’ current portfolio is comprised of 9.3 GW (operational, under construction, ready to build, under development) of renewable energy projects and storage across North America, Europe and Latin America.
TPG Rise is a $16 billion impact investing platform focused on investing in and supporting the growth of world-class businesses that deliver positive and measurable social and environmental impact globally.
TPG is a leading global alternative asset investment firm with offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Luxembourg, Melbourne, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Singapore, and Washington D.C. TPG’s investment platforms span a wide range of asset classes, including private equity, growth equity, impact investing, infrastructure, growth venture, real estate, secondaries, and public equity.
At Matrix Renewables we are looking for a highly motivated individual to play a key role in the Legal Team. Based in Chile, the Junior Legal Associate (JLA) will work hand in hand with Matrix legal team, particularly with Senior Legal Associate (SLA) in Chile. In this role, the JLA will be responsible for day-to-day legal work of our Chilean portfolio assets, mainly comprised of PMGs and PMGDs, aiding the SLA with reporting to the Legal Managers in Spain. Key job functions include, among others:
– Assisting the Legal Managers and SLA with the oversight of legal due diligence and execution of definitive documentation for M&A, co-investments, JV’s, development opportunities, financing arrangements and operations.
– Supporting the internal business teams including M&A, business development, HR, finance, technical and operations as required, including on the day-to-day oversight of the projects with respect to any legal related matters.
– Assisting the Legal Managers general business matters (i.e. NDAs, leases, supply agreements, employment matters, EPC, O&M and PPA Agreements, financing agreements, etc.)
– Staying in front of all energy regulatory frameworks and the commercial impact of legislative changes.
– First point of contact with SLA to handle any potential corporate or subsidiary litigation.
– In coordination with SLA, assisting the Compliance Officer with the management of all compliance, anti-bribery and corruption, corporate policy implementation and corporate regulatory matters for the company and its subsidiaries.
– Aiding with the administration of corporate secretarial processes and working closely with relevant bodies to prepare Board and shareholder resolutions.
– In coordination with Matrix legal team, handling corporate governance processes and maintaining all governance documentation for multiple entities.
– proactively updating when changes occur.
General Skills / Attributes
– At least 3 years of experience across renewable energy, corporate law, M&A, and private equity / infrastructure investing.
– Technical drafting skills required, detail oriented and familiarity with the documents and types of work covered under the role.
– A proactive and highly motivated self-starter with a commercial approach.
– A strong communicator with the ability to deal confidently and build relationships with colleagues and advisors.
– Ability to travel in Chile as needed.
– Bilingual and able to conduct business and draft documents in English and Spanish at the highest standard.