Matrix Renewables is a renewable energy platform that was founded by global alternative asset manager TPG through its impact investing platform, TPG Rise, in 2020. Headquartered in Madrid, Matrix Renewables focuses on developing, constructing and being long-term owners of renewable energy assets.
Matrix Renewables’ current portfolio is comprised of 9.4 GW (operational, under construction, ready to build, under development) of renewable energy projects and storage across North America, Europe and Latin America.
TPG Rise is a $15 billion impact investing platform focused on investing in and supporting the growth of world-class businesses that deliver positive and measurable social and environmental impact globally.
TPG is a leading global alternative asset investment firm with offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Luxembourg, Melbourne, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Singapore, and Washington D.C. TPG’s investment platforms span a wide range of asset classes, including private equity, growth equity, impact investing, infrastructure, growth venture, real estate, secondaries, and public equity.
The Estimator will be responsible for creation and management of renewable energy asset estimates for solar PV, energy storage, and other types of generation including cost estimating, planning, scheduling, and value engineering. Estimator shall estimate for projects in development, EPC, and operational phases.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
• Provide accurate full scope take-off, price, and schedule for solar PV, energy storage, and other energy generation assets for development, construction, and operations phases focused in US utility markets
• Determine turn-key EPC budget price during design development and firm lump sum fixed price at time of bid or final contract negotiations
• Establish and manage RFP process with contractors and material suppliers
• Establish and maintain working relationships with key contractor and material suppliers
• Conduct supplier meetings and manage relationships
• Create and maintain a historical and current data base of benchmark pricing; updating the data base to maintain accuracy and reflect current and future market conditions
• Support departments during proposal stage by reviewing bid documents, RFPs, preliminary project information, and site characteristics
• Coordinate the entire estimating process from concept through project awards
• Lead the evaluation and selection of a cost estimating platform
• Establish methodology to accurately price commodities to establish EPC budget pricing
• Develop knowledge of best material suppliers to stay abreast of pricing
• Develop strong relationships with both EPCs, material suppliers, and partners
• Assist in internal value engineering efforts by accurately pricing alternate means and methods
• BS/BA in Engineering, Business, Construction or related field
• 7+ years of direct PV or energy related costing/estimating experience
• Previous similar role with an EPC, developer, IPP or financial investor in renewables
• American Society of Professional Estimators or Professional Construction Estimators of America Certification, helpful
• Comprehensive knowledge of development, construction, and plant operations processes and sequencing