Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Manager Madrid
The ESG Manager at Matrix Renewables will be a key member of this newly established team. Based at the Madrid headquarters, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that Matrix Renewables’ (“Company”) owned and operated businesses and facilities are managed in a manner which gives adequate focus to the environmental, social, health and safety (ESHS) aspects of the communities in which it operates.
- Developing and implementing the Company’s environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) activities and bring added value to the Company’s operations.
- Working closely with project development teams, engineering & construction teams and subsidiary businesses to ensure that all projects are developed, constructed and operated with adequate consideration for ESG matters.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Develop the ESG investment and operation framework for the Company, including:
- The Group level ESG Policy
- An integrated and structured ESG & Quality Management System in line with international good practice
- Corporate governance matters
- Technical guidance to drive world class ESG performance
- Procedures, Manuals, Quality Plans for Asset Management team
- ESG reporting obligations, metrics and targets to monitor performance
- Devise associated maintenance monitoring protocols for all plant equipment and ensure maintenance activities are performed by the on-site power plant management team in accordance with the overarching approach to quality management
- Develop a Group level approach to community engagement with the objective of ensuring a Just Transition to decarbonisation in accordance with international climate objective
- Work with Asset Management and Development teams to manage community and public relations in respect of the Project
- Manage all aspects of the Company’s sustainability strategy: implementing policies, systems and projects and providing training. This includes:
- Setting ESG targets and implementing best practices
- Planning and implementing audit programs to determine whether the company policies are being effectively complied with
- Implementing local community programmes in accordance with the Group level policies and sourcing innovative funding routes to achieve this
- Implementing H&S Policy and site H&S Management Plan which complies with local H&S laws, regulations, and best industry practice
- Conducting due diligence/technical analysis/assessment of environmental and social risks and opportunities in transactions
- Implementing new investment criteria with the M&A team
- Present to the Board and other external parties on ESG related communications
- Monitor and report operating facilities’ ESG activities and their compliance to relevant standards throughout the development and operational cycles
- Provide coaching, coordination and support across the business to help identify and apply best practices, procedures and other programs that will assist Matrix in meeting its ESG goals and objectives
- Provide technical support and assistance to operational teams in relation to ESG matters and risk mitigation
- Assist operating facilities in sourcing ESG services and support, 3rd party technical contractors/consultants as may be required
- Provide support to project developers in relation to ESG matters and risk mitigation for new projects by helping undertake due diligence, coordinating the development of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and defining ESG risk mitigation strategies
- Undertake or source and manage advisors for ESG due diligence of potential acquisitions and support integration and transition activities for new acquisitions.
- Help assess and monitor the competence and compliance of the Company’s key suppliers in relation to ESG matters.
- Support the investigation, and reporting, of any incidents, accidents and any matters pertaining to non-compliance with ESG requirements.
- Support the development of communications tools to highlight the Company’s ESG accomplishments.
- Safety focused
- Achievement focused
- Creativity & innovation
- Diversity & ethical behavior
- Planning & organizing
- Passion for ESG topics and how communities can benefit from the projects we undertake
- Understanding of power generation market and the associated ESG challenges
- Ability to communicate and present a strategy, sometimes to senior representatives, and project stakeholders
- Excellent communication and team building skills are required
- Work effectively with multidisciplinary teams and manage diverse stakeholders.
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- At least 7 years of relevant experience, ideally with a recordable track record of Renewable Energy portfolio.
- Relevant degree in finance, sustainability/environmental science, engineering or related area and previous experience in the development and implementation of policy or management systems.
- Strong working knowledge of ESG performance metrics and reporting standards.
- Proved experience en H&S management at a company level.
- Deep understanding of international ESG management frameworks (in particular the IFC performance standards, the Equator Principles and World Bank EHS Guidelines)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish and able to conduct business in English and Spanish at the highest standards
Competitive salary offered
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover email and CV in English to: email@example.com