At Matrix Renewables we are looking for a highly motivated individual to play a key role managing our Project Development in Italy. Based in Rome, the Italy Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing development of Matrix’s portfolio of projects in Italy, reporting to Matrix head office in Madrid. This is primarily a project level role. The Candidate should use their experience and intelligence to identify risks, to assess the quality of work done by Matrix’s developers, and to guide Matrix in understanding the risks that these projects face. The candidate should be mature enough to be able to represent Matrix’s interests with the local teams and stakeholders, being confident to proactively defend Matrix even if that position is opposed by the developer or stakeholders. The Candidate should have a good network of connections in the development and electricity industry in Italy. The candidate must be familiar with all aspects of the development of renewable energy projects in the country, either wind or solar. During the development phase, the candidate will collaborate with in-house Matrix and external teams to ensure that projects obtain all the permits, authorizations, and licenses necessary to reach Ready to Build (“RTB”) status, on time. Part of the role will also be to manage timing between project RTB and PPAs from Matrix’s assets.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Represent MATRIX in Italy before the following stakeholders: local authorities, at political and regulatory level, landowners & local communities, developers, and occasionally offtakers. The candidate should have experience working with Stakeholders and be comfortable in that setting, able to manage sometimes difficult or confrontational situations. Good industry contacts with large generators, developers or distribution companies will be a positive
- Ensure that Matrix is tracking development status of projects in its pipeline, liaising with developers to help to deliver projects to RTB on time, and reporting back to Madrid.
- Project scheduling management through activities definition, sequencing, resources, and duration estimation, reporting back to Matrix
- Management of relationships with landlords and tenants
- Management of community and public relations in respect of the Project
- Help to implement ESG Company policy at local level in compliance with modern standards, regulations, and best industry practice. Flag to HQ any ESG issues as soon as possible, gather information related to them and where instructed interact with stakeholders if appropriate
- Ensure the highest compliance about anticorruption practices along the relationship with all the stakeholders
- Smooth handover of development activities to Matrix operations department
General Skills / Attributes:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, law or business
- 10+ years of energy industry experience in a project development, project administration, project management, asset management, contract administration, deal execution, project finance or other commercial role
- Full understanding of the development, construction, and operational processes for solar projects in Italy (Including Sicily)
- Excellent knowledge of renewable energy plants construction, operation, and maintenance
- Comfortable attending lobbying evens both at the national level and local, in both political and civil service spheres
- Experience with dealing with utilities, distributors and generators and a good network of contacts in those companies
- An ability to perform at a high level in a matrixed organization, working in interdepartmental teams to achieve objectives
- Solid communication skills: capability to establish technical discussions in different cultural environments
- Fluent in English & Italian. Spanish will be much appreciated.
- Ability to travel through Italy & Spain to meet stakeholders around Matrix projects
Competitive salary offered
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover email and CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org