At Matrix Renewables we are looking for a highly motivated individual to play a key role in our Operations and Development teams.
Based in Colombia, the Project Coordinator must be familiar with all aspects of the development, construction, and operation and maintenance of renewable energy projects, especially in solar photovoltaic projects (“projects”). During the development phase, the candidate will collaborate with in-house and external teams to ensure that projects obtain all the permits, authorizations, and licenses necessary to reach Ready to Build (“RTB”) status. The candidate will be also be supporting negotiations for EPC contracts for the projects. During the construction, commissioning and operating phase, the candidate will supervise the performance of the projects along with Operations central team at HQ.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Develop and establish Matrix presence at local level, doing engagement actions with national and regional authorities, lobbying actions individually and through industry associations and public relations work on a continuous basis.
- Represent Matrix in Colombia in front of all relevant stakeholder: local authorities, landowners, offtakers, local communities.
- Working with Technical Asset Managers to ensure the effective supervision, co-ordination with, and monitoring of the operation and maintenance services to maximize generation revenues
- Overseeing all third-party contract execution: EPC, BoS, Equipment Procurement and technical advisors (including prospective project technical due diligence)
- Project scheduling management through activities definition, sequencing, resources, and duration estimation
- Ensuring compliance with Quality Management Plan for the projects
- Management of relationships with landlords and tenants
- Management of community and public relations in respect of the Project
- Implement H&S Policy and site H&S Management Plan which complies with H&S laws, regulations, and best industry practice
- Implement ESG Company policy at local level in compliance with modern standards, regulations, and best industry practice. Flag to HQ any ESG issues as soon as possible, gather information related to them and where instructed interact with stakeholders if appropriate
General Skills / Attributes:
- Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Full understanding of the development process for solar projects in Colombia
- Excellent knowledge of renewable energy plants construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance
- Experience with dealing with contracts along with proven ability to liaise with and manage/monitor contractors
- Experience with dealing with technical authorities, utilities, Grid operator, offtakers.
- Solid communication skills: capability to establish technical discussions in different cultural environments
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Ability to travel through Colombia, and to meet stakeholders around Matrix projects
Competitive salary offered
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover email and CV in English to: email@example.com