Commercial Operator Analyst – Madrid
Matrix Renewables is a renewable energy platform that was founded by global alternative asset manager TPG through its impact investing platform, TPG Rise, in 2020. Headquartered in Madrid, Matrix Renewables focuses on developing, constructing and being long-term owners of renewable energy assets.
Matrix Renewables’ current portfolio is comprised of 9.4 GW (operational, under construction, ready to build, under development) of renewable energy projects and storage across North America, Europe and Latin America.
TPG Rise is a $15 billion impact investing platform focused on investing in and supporting the growth of world-class businesses that deliver positive and measurable social and environmental impact globally.
TPG is a leading global alternative asset investment firm with offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Luxembourg, Melbourne, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Singapore, and Washington D.C. TPG’s investment platforms span a wide range of asset classes, including private equity, growth equity, impact investing, infrastructure, growth venture, real estate, secondaries, and public equity.
At Matrix Renewables we are looking for a highly motivated individual to play a key role supporting our Markets team. Based at the Madrid headquarters, you will be responsible for commercial and contract management of the renewable and storage portfolio in Spain, Italy, Chile, Colombia and new markets.
Key job functions include:
• Manage the contracts executed by Markets team, such as PPAs, short-term hedges, route-to-market, GOs/I-RECs and carbon credits: i. Monitor and fulfil the commercial and operational requirements
ii. Settlement, valuation, invoicing support and reporting activities
iii. Contract administration from KYC to the post-signature
• Coordinate and optimize the commercial operation process with external stakeholders
• Register, monitor and issuance of GOs in Europe, I-RECs in Chile and carbon credits in Chile and Colombia
• EMIR and REMIT compliance reporting
• Support the Operations team for the commercial power plant start-up
General Skills / Attributes
• At least 2-3 years of relevant experience in the electricity sector
• Knowledge of energy markets and renewables, specially for middle and back-office activities
• Understanding and interest in commercial and technical aspects of asset/portfolio management
• Self-starter, entrepreneurial mind-set, and desire to grow the business
• Competence in advanced data analytics
• MS Office, especially Excel expertise is to be expected
• High focus on setting priorities, keeping up with deadlines
• Bilingual and able to conduct business in English and Spanish at the highest standard