Associate Financing – Madrid
Matrix Renewables is a renewable energy platform that was founded by global alternative asset manager TPG through its impact investing platform, The Rise Fund, in 2020. Headquartered in Madrid, Matrix Renewables focuses on developing, constructing and being long-term owners of renewable energy assets.
Matrix Renewables current portfolio is comprised of 2.1 GW of operational, under construction, or near ready-to-build solar PV projects and a further 2.7 GW pipeline of renewable energy projects under development, across Europe, US and LATAM.
TPG Rise is a $14 billion impact investing platform focused on investing in and supporting the growth of world-class businesses that deliver positive and measurable social and environmental impact globally.
TPG is a leading global alternative asset investment firm with offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Luxembourg, Melbourne, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Singapore, and Washington D.C. TPG’s investment platforms span a wide range of asset classes, including private equity, growth equity, impact investing, infrastructure, growth venture, real estate, secondaries, and public equity.
Matrix Renewables is looking for a highly motivated individual to play a key role in our established team. Based at the Madrid office, Matrix Renewables’ associate financing will be supporting the team on the origination and execution of non-recourse project finance renewables transactions and on corporate financing transactions. Key job functions include:
- Development from scratch and management of financial models for projects to be financed and performing the related sensitivity analysis
- Prepare management presentations using financial models to support the investment comittees in the decision-making
- Working, monitoring and follow up of the due diligence process required in relation to financing transactions (including coordination with the other department of the company)
- Supporting the loan administration activities for project financing agreements, including periodic update of financial models to test the ratios and reporting to internal functions of the company
- Supporting in the structuring and execution of financing transactions and negotiating financing agreements with banks
- The role will focus on transactions in Europe, the United States and Latin America
- In addition the candidate will as well:
- Working with a newly formed, yet experienced team of industry professionals
- Assist the writing of investment papers to support the investment process
- Provide financial skills support to other parts of the business on an ad-hoc basis
General Skills / Attributes
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience at a top-rated project finance platform (bank, ‘big 4’, buyside and/or strategic)
- High level of financial modelling in project finance and particularly renewables projects
- Strong analytical skills
- A proactive and highly motivated self-starter with a commercial approach
- A strong communicator with the ability to deal confidently and build relationships with colleagues, advisors and investors
- Bilingual and able to conduct business in English and Spanish at the highest standard
- Desirable some experience with financing documentation and/or loan management tasks
Competitive salary offered
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover email and CV in English to: email@example.com