Matrix Renewables is a renewable energy platform that was founded by global alternative asset manager TPG through its impact investing platform, TPG Rise, in 2020. With an office in Miami and headquartered in Madrid, Matrix Renewables focuses on developing, constructing and being long-term owners of renewable energy assets.
Matrix Renewables’ current portfolio is comprised of 9.4 GW (operational, under construction, ready to build, under development) of renewable energy projects and storage across North America, Europe and Latin America.
TPG Rise is a $15 billion impact investing platform focused on investing in and supporting the growth of world-class businesses that deliver positive and measurable social and environmental impact globally.
TPG is a leading global alternative asset investment firm with offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Luxembourg, Melbourne, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Singapore, and Washington D.C. TPG’s investment platforms span a wide range of asset classes, including private equity, growth equity, impact investing, infrastructure, growth venture, real estate, secondaries, and public equity.
The Asset Manager (AM) will be responsible for management of the Company’s stand-alone and coupled renewable energy generation and energy storage assets. The AM shall plan, coordinate, manage, and execute power dispatch strategies, optimize power delivery, return on generation, and assure timely performance of all regulatory, financial, accounting, and other asset obligations.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
• Manage all company operating assets, contracts, and obligations, including insurance
• Develop policies, processes & procedures to ensure all relevant procedural/legislative and contract requirements are fulfilled
• Develop asset dispatch strategies to optimize generation and return for portfolio
• Regular review of asset performance
• Monitor all operating asset financial budgets
• Maximize total return for each asset
• Maintain operational and financial KPIs; identify & institute performance improvement actions
• Prepare and issue project and portfolio reporting according to Matrix corporate standards and needs as well as counterparty requirements; Complete required reporting activities
• Support financial group including P&L variance, generation forecast and budget
• Assist with merchant Day Ahead and Real Time electricity sales optimization strategy, REC management, and Capacity Market participation with internal and external resources
• Monitor and influence O&M activities to improve asset performance
• Lead invoice review and sign off
• Facilitate hand-off from project management to operations management
• Oversee main contractors to ensure compliance with relevant obligations
• Develop and maintain good relations with all contract parties
• Create and operate models used to forecast & analyze energy & ancillary service market prices
• Advise management and development team on market changes and new market opportunities
• Work with company accounting to ensure timely review and delivery of tax returns and audits
• Monitor property tax expenditures. Ensure timely delivery of any required government filings. Ensure taxes are paid.
• Review and analyze audited financial statements
• Support evaluation of project opportunities in US energy markets
• Understanding of electricity market design and process in US ISOs
• Solid knowledge of ISO market rules and governance of US energy markets
• 5+ years’ experience in a similar role with a financial investor active in renewables, an IPP or a vertically integrated developer
• Trading experience with short/medium-term power is a plus
• Engineering or Finance/Business BS/BA, or similar degree; Masters in relevant field preferred
• Development and asset management experience in solar PV, wind energy and storage in the US