Asset Management Analyst – Madrid
Matrix Renewables is a renewable energy platform that was founded by global alternative asset manager TPG through its impact investing platform, TPG Rise, in 2020. Headquartered in Madrid, Matrix Renewables focuses on developing, constructing and being long-term owners of renewable energy assets.
Matrix Renewables’ current portfolio is comprised of 14 GW (operational, under construction, ready to build, under development) of renewable energy projects and storage across North America, Europe and Latin America.
TPG Rise is a $17 billion impact investing platform focused on investing in and supporting the growth of world-class businesses that deliver positive and measurable social and environmental impact globally.
TPG is a leading global alternative asset investment firm with offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Luxembourg, Melbourne, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Singapore, and Washington D.C. TPG’s investment platforms span a wide range of asset classes, including private equity, growth equity, impact investing, infrastructure, growth venture, real estate, secondaries, and public equity.
At Matrix Renewables we are looking for a highly motivated individual to play a key role supporting our Asset Management department. Based in Madrid, the AM Analyst will be assisting all our asset management activities over Matrix’s portfolio in Europe and Latam. This is primarily a project level role.
The Candidate must be familiar with all aspects of the operation and maintenance of renewable energy projects (“projects”). During the operational phase of the projects phase, the candidate will collaborate with in-house and external teams to ensure that projects performs according to the objectives (both technical and economical) set in the Business plan.
The Candidate will also use their experience and intelligence to identify issues and propose solutions to any underperformance of the projects. The candidate should be mature enough to be able to represent Matrix’s interests with the local teams and stakeholders, being confident to proactively defend Matrix even if that position is opposed by the developer or stakeholders.
Key activities and responsibilities:
• Supervision and monitoring at project level Matrix O&M activities in Europe and Latam ensuring the effective supervision and co-ordination of all services to maximize generation revenues.
• Daily monitoring of the main operational KPIs of a photovoltaic installation.
• Monitoring and management of main operating costs of a PV Plant/Portfolio level.
• Management of Warranty Claims and Insurance Policies.
• Monitoring the participation in the Energy Markets. Ensuring compliance with all the processes: forecasting, daily offers, guaranties, communications requirements. Monthly calculations for invoices and penalties.
• Implement H&S Policy and site H&S Management Plan which complies with H&S laws, regulations, and best industry practice.
• Implement ESG Company policy at local level in compliance with modern standards, regulations, and best industry practice. Flag to HQ any ESG issues as soon as possible, gather information related to them and where instructed interact with stakeholders if appropriate.
• Provide relevant inputs and KPIs to other areas, such Business Development, Energy Assessment, etc.
• Field missions. Travel to project sites when required to ensure properly the operational maintenance plan and follow-up the general maintenance plan for main equipments.
General Skills / Attributes:
• At least 1 year of relevant experience, ideally with a recordable track record of Renewable Energy portfolio
• Master’s degree in Engineering.
• Excellent knowledge of renewable energy plants construction, operation and maintenance
• Solid communication skills: capability to establish technical discussions in different cultural environments
• Fluent in English and Spanish. Italian will be appreciated.
• Excellent knowledge of the main office tools such as Excel and BI.
• Knowledge of programming tools such as Python, PowerBI, QBI to develop internal tools for the operational management.
• Knowledge of working in cloud environments.